AboutDan Dooley is a Principal and CEO of MorrisAnderson where he manages the firm’s distressed business consulting practice. He is an accomplished crisis manager, business operator, and debt restructurer. Dan is well known nationally within the professional community focused on distressed companies and insolvency. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences on distressed and underperforming businesses and a regular author for industry periodicals. Dan has successfully managed numerous projects for middle market companies and assumed dozens of interim management positions as CEO, CRO, and CFO for client companies nationwide. During his career, he has negotiated numerous transactions involving debt restructuring, supplier accommodations, and business sales. Dan excels in the development and implementation of cost reduction and restructuring plans as well as restructuring negotiations between companies and their creditors. He educates company ownership and management on realistic business plans, implementation of cost and liquidity improvements and effective end-game strategies for clients. Dan collaborates effectively with management on issues related to turnaround/restructuring plans and business sales. Dan has achieved quantifiable results for companies in the following industries: automotive, aerospace, capital equipment, healthcare, transportation, food, distribution, and oil and gas. REPRESENTATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE
- Negotiated $100M+ debt restructuring and recapitalization for an oil and gas service company
- Reduced inventory levels by 20% while maintaining consistent sales volume for a $600M seafood distributor
- Structured plan of reorganization and refinancing out of Chapter 11 for International Technical Coatings, a Phoenix-based medical metal products manufacturer
- Led the successful turnaround and debt restructuring of $100M+ 25 physician-owned cancer practices
- Led the successful $50M debt restructuring of a large non-profit religion based community center.
- Successfully sold a $100M magazine wholesale distribution business into headwinds of a rapidly shrinking industry
- Led the successful sale(s) of automotive supplier Drivesol Worldwide. Despite 2009 auto industry disaster, Dan was able to sell 3 of 4 businesses which fully paid $30 million secured debt in 3 ½ months and generated $10 million for junior secured lender and the unsecured (30¢ dividend) on an out-of-court process.
- Led the successful section 363 sale of aerospace foundry Hitchcock Industries where the company sale netted $21 million in excess of all liabilities as a return to equity, an amount 3X expectations.
- While acting as Receiver, expanded and grew a chemical test lab business and sold as value of 6 times EBITDA, a value more than 5 times better than prior offers.
Company Spotlight in Tech
One North Interactive
SMS Assist, LLC
Strata Decision Technology
Label Insight, Inc.
Kamea Networks & Technology
Clear Automation, LLC